It is so frustrating to look around you and not see the fruit in others. In those situations, what do you do? How do you respond?
It is so easy to become critical. You see in others the blandness of a life that does not seem to have the joy of Jesus in it. I have fallen into this pit way too many times. This is the pit that many Christians fall into. One than can be avoided by deep focus on Jesus and a true love for the people that He has created.
It is a place where you see the faults of others. You glare at their apathy and can’t seem to understand. This is a place where you can fall into a few different categories.
- As a result of this you work even harder to produce fruit and be like Jesus. You want to be the change you wish to see in the world and you are focused on that.
- As a result of this you get so caught up with it and almost depressed by the apathy of the church and you actually stop doing as much and become a hypocrite yourself.
The first place is obviously better than the second. However the second can sometimes be extremely easy to fall into.
So here are some things you can do to make sure that you do not fall into that place yourself and hopefully through this, you will spark somebody else’s fire.
- Pray as often as possible. Lay everything at Jesus’ feet. This seems kind of like a basic “christian” answer and all too often we ignore these. However, prayer really does make a difference and it changes your heart as well. If you cannot stand somebody or they really make you sad with their life choices, just remember to pray for them. Pray that they will fall head over heals in love with Jesus. Pray that God will convict them and change their hearts.
- Continue to work for the kingdom. Continue in your service in your church. If you aren’t really involved in anything, then take this time to start volunteering in different areas and figure out where you fit. The church is a beautiful representation of Jesus here on earth when it is functioning healthily.
- Remember in every aspect of your life to be the change you want to be.
- Keep a journal and write down your goals, prayers, days and thank God for everything that He is doing in your life. He truly is a good God.
- Write some encouragement notes to some people. Write some scripture on them and encourage them.
These are very simple things that you can do. Simple makes a difference though. Don’t forget that what you are doing right now… is making a difference.
//Don’t give up//
Have a beautiful day ❤